Kafta Mishwiyyeh – Lebanese Meatballs
You can make these Lebanese meatballs in bulk and freeze batches of them. They’re delicious served over a simple salad or as a sandwich in a pita.
By Lail Hossain
Kafta Mishwiyyeh - Lebanese Meatballs
Author: Lail Hossain
Recipe Type: Main
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1.2 lb ground lamb
- 1 egg
- 1 cup onions, finely minced and liquid discarded
- 1 cup parsley, finely chopped
- ½ teaspoon garlic paste
- ⅓ teaspoon nutmeg powder
- ⅓ teaspoon allspice powder
- ⅓ teaspoon fenugreek powder
- ⅓ teaspoon cloves powder
- ⅓ teaspoon cinnamon powder
- ⅓ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Salt according to taste
- Dash of cayenne pepper (optional)
- Mix all ingredients and shape as patties or as balls to put on skewers.
- Grease grill with oil and place the Kafta gently on the grill on medium heat for about 5-6 minutes.
- Gently turn the kafta over and cook evenly on all sides.
- Make sure the kafta does not stick to the grill.
- Substitute ground turkey or additional ground beef if ground lamb is not available.
- An alternative way of preparing Kafta is in the oven: Bake 20 minutes on 350 degree Fahrenheit, turning once. Then broil for about 5 minutes, turning once.
- Instead of using powdered spices, you may combine all the whole spices and crush in a coffee grinder (my preferred way).
Originally Published: August 6, 2013