This fried oysters with eggs is a well known local dish. The ocean-fresh succulent oysters are cooked in a light sweet potato coating and complimented by the fresh corianders and eggs.
My hometown Xiamen sits the Fujian Province of China and has a great number of oyster farms along the coastline. Oysters are readily available in the market all year round, freshly shucked out of the shells and only cost approximately $8 USD per kg.
- 300g fresh oyster meat
- 2 Tbs sweet potato starch or cornflour
- ½ Teaspoon salt
- 2 Tbs oil
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 5 sprigs coriander, chopped
- Wash the oysters in the cold water and drain well.
- Mix the sweet potato starch(or cornflour),salt and coriander with oysters.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Pour in the oyster mix and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the beaten eggs and cook for 30 seconds then flip to the other side until oysters are well cooked, about 2-3 minutes
- Garnish and serve with fresh coriander and chili sauce