Few desserts say ” Autumn” like Jack Dusty’s Peanut Butter Banana Bread Pudding at The Ritz-Carlton Sarasota. Rather than being made out of banana bread it is made from croissants and all manner of gooey goodness. Simple and quick, this is a good party dessert; and certainly an excuse to set up a dessert bar with individual baked puddings to which guests can add toppings of their choice.
Jack Dusty is the signature restaurant at The Ritz-Carlton Sarasota, Florida, named for the 16th century British Royal navy term for a sailor “Jack” and who maintained the ship’s food stores. He also baked bread and was frequently covered in flour or “dust” hence “Jack Dusty.” The Restaurant opens to the large waterfront patio and with a lively cocktail lounge and dining room. Here you can enjoy a hand-crafted libation, fresh seafood or steak, but do leave room for dessert.
Here you have the option of cooking one large pudding or pour batter into individual baking cups or small wide-mouth jam jars. baking time will vary- longer if you only bake one large pudding.
- 8.5 oz. Croissants
- 6 oz. Granulated Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Egg Yolk
- 16 oz. Heavy Cream
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 3.5 oz. Peanut Butter
- 2 Ripe Bananas, smashed
- Cut croissants into small pieces (approximately 1 inch) and place into a large bowl.
- Sprinkle the granulated sugar on top of the croissants.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs, yolks, heavy cream and vanilla extract.
- Pour the egg mixture over the croissants and stir.
- Add the peanut butter and smashed bananas. Stir until combined.
- Cover with plastic wrap and let sit in the refrigerator for at least one hour.
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
- Pour the bread pudding mixture into the desired baking container.
- Bake at 325 degrees until the pudding is set in the middle and slightly springs back.
- Garnish with your favorite accent: hot fudge, caramel sauce or toasted meringue are all great options