This colorful Indo – Chinese inspired vegetable stir fry is a perfect light lunch.
By Priya Mahadevan
Some days the sun shines brilliantly and makes for the best day to click some good pictures – especially of food – a day like that presented itself and I was beside myself with joy since I had invited some friends over for lunch and I was planning on making this veggie stir fry. Colorful veggies can be a big turn on for the gastric juices and a visual treat.
- Veggies of your choice
- Hot stir fry sauce
- 1tsp Sambar powder
- 1 tsp or squirt of Sirarcha sauce
- 1tbsp Ginger
- 1tbsp Garlic
- 1tsp sesame seeds
- 1tsp of Asian spices
- Nuts (optional)
- 1tbsp +2tsp of sesame oil
- Fresh green Thyme to garnish (can use basil or other too)
- Heat 1tbsp oil
- Add the garlic and ginger and sesame seeds
- Roast till garlic is golden
- Add the chopped veggies
- Add all the spice powders – The sambar powder infuses a fine Indian aroma to this dish while the Asian Spices confirms that it is indeed a Chinese dish with an Indian twist - The addition of Potatoes also lends some Indianness to the dish.
- Cook on high flame stirring/tossing them.
- Once they are tender, but still crisp, add the sauce. The veggies should be al dente and retain their shapes and their own individual flavors – that’s what makes this dish special
- Serve HOT Over noodles or as a side with Jasmine Rice