We’ve all at least heard of, it not tried, turmeric lattes, smoothies or teas. But what about an iced turmeric tea? Refresh with an energizing glass.
Looking for an anti-inflammatory drink? This Turmeric Iced Tea is for you. It’s healthy, delicious and full of curcumin, an anti-inflammatory compound. Bottom’s up for your health!
It contains curcumin which has strong anti-inflammatory properties. According to Dr. Weil, elderly villagers in India who eat this spice every day in their curries, have the lowest rates of Alzheimer’s in the world. If that’s not reason enough to give this Turmeric Iced Tea a try, I’m not sure what is.
I have to admit, I had my doubts about how this would taste – it’s delicious and refreshing. My daughter tried it and gave it a thumbs down, but I’m not surprised. This tea is for mommy. It’s a great treat for a hot day and something a bit different from your everyday iced coffee.
Super simple to throw together. Boil water, add spices and drink up! I love the flavor of turmeric. If you are looking for more ways to get this healthy spice into your diet, try these…
- 2 cups water
- 1 tsp turmeric
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- juice of ½ an orange
- honey to taste
- Place two cups of water in a saucepan over high heat. Add turmeric and cinnamon and whisk.
- After boiling, reduce heat and simmer for ten minutes.
- Remove from heat and let cool.
- Whisk again and pour over ice. Add orange juice and honey.
- Stir occasionally to keep sediment from sitting on the bottom.