With just three ingredients and very little active time you can make your own soy milk at home.
By Shannon Lim
- 150g Organic Soy Beans
- 1.5 liter Water
- Sugar to taste (Brown or Rock Sugar)
- Soak the soybeans overnight. Rinse and drain well. (Remove soybean skin for gout sufferers)
- Blend/puree soybeans with water until it become a smooth blend.
- Pour the blended soybeans into a muslin cloth over a pot, and squeeze the milk out. Retain the okara (soybean pulp) for other cooking & baking.
- Bring soy milk to a boil. Screw pine leaves (pandan leaves) can be added for extra fragrant taste. Simmer for about 5 minutes, stirring constantly to prevent a layer of skin from forming on the surface. If left alone, the milk might boil over.
- Add sugar to taste. Serve warm or chilled.