Pumpkin puree is in everything time of year and while canned varieties are just fine why not learn to make it yourself at home?
By Jehanne Ali
- 1 medium size pumpkin ( or squash )
- ½ tsp sea salt
- a glug of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp sugar
- Peel the pumpkin skin and cut into wedges.
- Sprinkle with sugar ( or sumac), salt and drizzle of olive oil.
- Roast for 30-45 minutes at 190C, until the edges are almost charred.
- Puree using food processor, with addition of small amount of water, until smooth.
- For savoury dishes, I omit the sugar and instead add some sprinkling of sumac ( arabic spice)