A cocktail made with real honeycomb is sure to satisfy any sweet tooth.
In making this, I thought of the Prohibition era drink, “The Bee’s Knees”, which is a mix of gin, lemon and honey. The 1920’s name means “an extraordinary thing,” and I think the touch of honeycomb in its purest form made the cocktail even more buzzworthy.
- 1 T honey
- 1 T water
- 2 oz gin (I used Beefeater)
- ¾ oz fresh lemon juice
- 1 (1/2-inch) piece of raw honeycomb, for garnish
- Pour the honey and water into a little cup or bowl and microwave for 15 seconds. Stir to combine to create a honey syrup.
- Pour the honey syrup, gin, and lemon juice into a cocktail shaker filled halfway with ice.
- Shake vigorously and strain into a chilled mason jar or your favorite cocktail glass.
- Garnish with a piece of honeycomb.