These homemade chocolates can be easily put together and made ahead of time, makes for a great sweet treat or gift.
By Pushpa Kumar
I like to use sunflower seeds quite a bit into my cooking. I like their subtle flavor and they come with the added benefit of being healthy. I added the ground seeds to Nutella and it was pleasantly delicious, with a nice crunch from the seeds. These chocolates can be easily put together and made ahead of time, makes for a great sweet treat or gift.
- ½ cup Sunflower Seeds-Raw and Hulled
- 4 tbsp Nutella
- 1 cup brown candy melts
- Assorted nuts and coconuts
- In a pan roast the sunflower seeds and set aside to cool.
- When cooled powder them in a coffee grinder to a fine coarse consistency.
- Transfer to a bowl add 3 tbsp nutella then add ½ tbsp at a time and gently fold in and knead to form a firm dough.
- Scoop a bit,roll them into spheres(you can put a nut in the middle and then roll if preferred).You can also roll them in chopped nuts or shredded coconut if liked.
- Refrigerate the spheres for about 30 mins.
- Place the candy melts in a bowl and microwave for a minute to minute and a half,mix with a spoon well.
- When it cools just a bit,gently dip the spheres into the candy melt-you could use two spoons to coat-once its coated well,place it on a wax paper and allow to cool.
- When cooled well,refrigerate in a container.
- Enjoy chilled.