The homemade version of broth always beats the store bought kind both in flavor and nutrition.
By Lail Hossain
- 2 lb dark chicken meat or 2 lb beef with bones
- 1 large onion, coarsely sliced
- 1 celery rib, coarsely sliced
- 1 large carrot, coarsely sliced
- 1 medium garlic
- 1 small ginger, 2 inches, sliced
- 2 bay leaves
- 15-20 peppercorns
- 2 quarts water
- Salt, to taste
- Place all ingredients in a stockpot or pressure cooker. Cook on high heat until bubbles break through surface.
- Reduce heat to medium. Cover and simmer for approximately 2 hours.
- Add water to ensure vegetables and chicken/beef are submerged.
- Strain broth through a strainer.