The creamy, mellow avocado perfectly complemented the sweet, juicy heirloom tomatoes, and beautifully contrasted the peppery arugula.
By Colleen Hill
The crusty bread provided the perfect crunch, and a splash of olive oil lent some earthiness, while the fresh lemon juice brightened all of the flavors.
- 1 slice of fresh, crusty bread such as sourdough
- ¼ fresh avocado slices
- 3-4 grape tomatoes, sliced into bite-sized pieces
- Palmful of fresh arugula leaves
- Olive oil
- Fresh lemon juice (just a small squeeze!)
- Add ingredients to slice of bread.
- Drizzle with olive oil and a squeeze of fresh lemon juice.
- Add salt and peppers as per taste.