Not only is this dip incredibly easy to put together, but it is also very healthy and packed with flavor. Serve it with with your favorite chips or vegetables for a quick starter.
By Laura Davidson
Though I provide a simple recipe below, think of it more as a starting out point, as I’m sure this could be equally delicious in many different variations.
- 1 14.5 ounce jar of hearts of palm, drained and roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 large garlic clove
- ⅛ cup fresh cilantro
- zest of ½ lime (microplaned)
- sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- Place garlic clove in food processor and pulse several times.
- Add lime juice, zest, hearts of palm (drained), olive oil, and process until thoroughly combined.
- Add fresh cilantro leaves and pulse several times. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve immediately (drizzle with olive oil for garnish) with chips or refrigerate and use within 2-3 days.