Healthy Kale Egg Breakfast Cups – full of flavor and healthy goodness. With kale, sun-dried tomatoes, spicy chicken sausage, mushrooms, and feta, they will surely be the best part of waking up in 2017!
Healthy Kale Egg Breakfast Cups
Healthy Kale Egg Breakfast Cups are full of flavor and healthy goodness!
Author: Holly Sander
Recipe Type: Breakfast
Serves: 12 cups
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 8 ounces mushrooms thinly sliced
- ½ pound hot chicken sausage or sweet if preferred
- 3 ounces sun-dried tomatoes finely chopped
- 2 cups chopped kale
- 8 ounces feta cheese crumbled
- Pam cooking spray
- 12- cup muffin pan
- 1½ cups egg substitute or 6 eggs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Add olive oil, then saute onion for 4 minutes. Add garlic and saute one additional minute.
- Add mushrooms and cook for 5 minutes. Then add chicken sausage, and cook 6 minutes, or until thoroughly cooked. Break the sausage up into small pieces. Add sun-dried tomatoes and incorporate fully.
- Add kale and cook about 2 minutes, until it wilts slightly.
- Turn off heat then stir in feta
- Spray muffin pan, then add ingredients evenly to each muffin cup.
- Pour equal amount of egg into each cup, filling to just below the rim.
- Bake until the eggs have set, about 25-30 minutes.
- Recipe Notes
- Can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days.