This candy is much healthier than traditional sugar-laden fudge; it subtly sweet, full of heart-healthy fats and antioxidants, and still super satisfying when a chocolate craving hits.
By Faith Gorsky
- 7 oz (200 g) creamed coconut
- 1 (14 oz/400 g) can full-fat coconut milk
- ½ cup (40 g) unsweetened cocoa powder, sifted
- 6 tablespoons (90 ml) pure maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon coarse sea salt
- ¼ cup (30 g) finely chopped walnuts
- Line a large mini muffin pan with paper liners.
- Melt the creamed coconut and coconut milk together in a medium saucepan over medium-low heat.
- Continue heating the coconut mixture until fully melted, then whisk in the cocoa powder until fully incorporated and turn off the heat. Stir in all remaining ingredients.
- Fill each lined mini muffin well with about 1½ tablespoons of the chocolate mixture and transfer to the fridge to chill completely.
- Once chilled, remove from the pan and store the candies in the fridge in an airtight container layered between parchment or wax paper for up to 1 month.