The aromatic notes of sea salt chocolate give a unique flavor to these cakes, and bring out the beautiful flavors of hazelnuts.
By Veronica Lavenia
Photo by G. Giustolisi
Chocolate bars with sea salt is a fairly new creation. However, the combination may seem unlikely, in truth, the taste is absolutely pleasant and refined.
The aromatic notes of sea salt chocolate give a unique flavor to these cakes, ideal for those who love chocolate in all its nuance.
- 1 organic large egg at room temperature
- 75 ml (3 fl oz) milk at room temperature
- 80 ml (3 fl oz) mild extra virgin olive oil (or 100 ml/ 3½ fl oz cold-pressed sunflower oil)
- 250 g (9 oz) whole wheat flour
- 15 g (½oz) organic baking powder
- 5 tbsp raw sugar
- 75 g (3 oz) roasted hazelnuts
- 100 g (3½ oz) sea salt dark chocolate
- Preheat oven to 180° C (350°F/Gas 4).
- Mix all the ingredients into a blender in the order shown, except chocolate. Pour the dough into cups.
- Break the chocolate coarsely and divide the pieces among the cups.
- Bake for about 10-15 minutes.