With a cooking time clocking it at 10 hours, this applesauce is a true test of patience, but while you wait to taste it, your kitchen will be filled with autumnal aromas.
By Lauren Hardy
- 6 pounds of apples, peeled, cored and sliced
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup water
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- A pinch of salt
- Place apples in a medium slow cooker. In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Pour wet mixture over the apples and cook covered on low for about 10 hours.
- Using an immersion blender, puree the cooked apples until smooth, like applesauce!