This is a great dish for these hot days of summer when you don’t want to eat anything super heavy.
By Robin Runner
Haricot verts are a thinner green bean to the domestic green bean. I found these beauties at our farmer’s market and I thought they would make the perfect salad (dinner for me) side dish for my family. Easy to make. I used my roasted red pepper balsamic vinaigrette dressing to dress it. It a great dish for these hot days of summer when you don’t want to eat anything super heavy. Can also be prepped ahead of time and leftovers taste better the next day after absorbing lots of the flavors. Again, I encourage you to use what extras you have on hand to add to your salad to make it your own.
- 2 lbs of yellow and green beans or French green beans
- 1 pint of cherry tomatoes, yellow or orange
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 3 scallions or spring onions, diced
- 1 handful of fresh parsley, roughly chopped
- Optional: Nuts, cheese, seeds
- Bring a pot of water with salt, to a rapid boil. Add the cleaned, trimmed beans and cook for 3 minutes with a lid on the pot. While cooking, get a large bowl filled with ice water. When the beans are done cooking (after 3 minutes) drain and immediately submerge into the ice water bath. This will stop the cooking process. The beans are supposed to be crunchy and bright. Let them sit in the cold water for a minute or two or until completely cold. Drain and add to a large serving bowl. Add the remaining ingredients and toss. Then drizzle your vinaigrette over top and toss again. Serve this dish nice and cold.