SPONSORED STORY – BROUGHT TO YOU BY CASTELLO ALPS SELECTION
This fast and festive dinner pairs a slightly smoky cheese with fresh shrimp and avocado.
By Susan Benton
Living in the Florida Panhandle I’m lucky to have an abundance of wonderful seafood that comes fresh off the docks from local fishermen. I decided to use the Classic Castello in my Shrimp Tacos as it is smooth and has a slightly smoky aroma with a spicy hint of mountain herbs. I found some wonderful corn tortilla’s and a fresh Florida avocado, so not much more was needed. This is another simple, quick and easy recipe that can feed one, two, or a crowd. You can make your own Ranchero sauce to drizzle on top, purchase your favorite, or do what I did… use Sriracha! The shrimp are fantastic when grilled (adding to the smoky flavor), roasted, or pan seared which literally takes less then 90 seconds… my choice. The entire cooking process takes less than 20 minutes and the end result is sooo delicious you will want to shout Olé!
Win a Castello Alps Selection Cheese Tasting
- 1 lb medium shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 1 ear fresh corn, husk removed, corn cut from cob with knife
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 3 tablespoons good olive oil (one for the shrimp, rest to cook tortillas)
- 1 ripe avocado, pitted, peeled and diced
- 8 fresh soft corn tortillas
- 1 cup fresh cilantro
- Drizzle olive oil in large skillet over medium high heat.
- Add shrimp and stir 2 minutes or less or until shrimps turn pink. Do not overcook!
- Remove shrimp from skillet and place on plate. Add corn and stir fry for one minute, remove and put in small serving bowl.
- Wipe out pan, drizzle more oil and heat each corn tortilla less than one minute per side till they begin to brown slightly, repeat until 8 are complete.
- To serve 4, place 2 tortillas on each plate. Spoon shrimp and corn onto taco shells.
- Top with cilantro, avocado, and cheese desired. Add a dollop of sour cream, squeeze of fresh lime, and a drizzle of Sriracha.