Check out this delicious way to use leftover roti to make a filling grilled roti sandwich as a wonderful lunch.
Whenever I get up late in the mornings I always make these simple and super quick sandwiches for my girl’s lunch box. They totally love the grilled roti sandwich in their lunchbox and enjoy munching them with some juice.
After enjoying the corn waffle this is my second recipe for the kid’s lunchbox theme. I always try to make only those dishes that my girls love but sometimes I do make something that I can fix quickly. Sometimes they love my quick fix versions and sometimes not. I am glad that this grilled sandwich is on the good list for now.
- 8 roti, fresh or leftover (click the link above for my roti recipe)
- 1 cucumber, sliced
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
- 1 onion, sliced
- ¼ cup tomato ketchup
- ¼ cup cheddar cheese
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- 2 teaspoon olive oil
- Heat a panini press or grill pan and drizzle some olive oil.
- Apply ketchup on flatbreads and arrange vegetable slices.
- Sprinkle salt, pepper and cheese on top and fold the bread all through halfway.
- Place the roti on the preheated panini press and cook as per instruction manual.
- Remove from press, slice and serve in kids lunchbox.