PARTNER POST — Grilling season is here and it is time to explore Italian grilling with authentic ingredients from Colavita.
An easy summer-inspired pasta dish made with mascarpone, sun-dried tomatoes, and capers for a light, fresh meal that packs in the flavor.
By Alexandra Azary
I’ve spent the past 2 1/2 weeks traipsing across Europe, seeing some pretty freakin’ fantastic sights, and eating all kinds of amazing food. I’ve come back bearing a knock-your-socks-off pasta recipe though – which is really only appropriate considering all the Italy travel that I’ve been doing lately.
I’ve been editing photos of this pasta all day long and – lemme tell you – the cravings are REAL. I made it before I left on a bit of whim, but I can’t even explain how good it turned out. There’s all this colorful fusilli pasta mixed with slices of grilled chicken, garlic, capers, mascarpone, and YES!, sun-dried tomatoes, and the combined flavor is so crazy bold and delicious. It also feels really light since its not all saucy – the mascarpone adds just the right amount of creaminess without weighing it down – so it’s perfect for summer. I like to finish it off with a drizzle of Colavita’s White Truffle Balsamic Glacé (because I’m obsessed with all things truffle), which adds just a hint of sweetness in a very non-weird way and compliments the other flavors SO well.
The best news is that it’s pretty easy to put together and basically functions as a one-dish meal. All you need is a glass of white wine and maybe a breezy outdoor patio to really complete the Italian summer vibe. Ya feel me?
- 5 chicken breast tenders
- Colavita Roasted Garlic Extra-Virgin Olive Oil, for brushing
- Rachael Ray Salt from the Sea (freshly ground), for seasoning
- Rachael Ray Malabar Black Peppercorns (freshly ground), for seasoning
- 11 ounces Colavita Tricolor Fusilli
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons Colavita Roasted Garlic Extra-Virgin Olive Oil, divided
- 4 ounces (1/2 cup) mascarpone
- 2⅛ ounces (1/4 cup) Colavita Sun-dried Tomatoes, chopped
- 2⅛ ounces (1/4 cup) Colavita Capers
- ¼ teaspoon Rachael Ray Salt from the Sea (or to taste)
- Colavita White Truffle Balsamic Glacé, for drizzling
- Rachael Ray Malabar Black Peppercorns (freshly ground), for serving
- Place chicken breast tenders in a large zip-top bag, press out excess air, and seal. Use a meat tenderizer to lightly pound to even thickness.*
- Transer chicken to a tray or large casserole dish. Brush with oil and season with salt and pepper. Flip and repeat on opposite sides. Let chicken sit while preheating grill to medium-high heat.
- Grill chicken for about 3-4 minutes on each side, just until cooked through (the internal temperature should read 160ºF.) Slice before adding to pasta.
- In a large pot, bring about 5 quarts of water seasoned lightly with salt to a rapid boil.
- Meanwhile, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a medium-large fry pan over medium-low to medium heat. Add garlic and sauté until turning golden (about 3-4 minutes). Remove from heat.
- Add fusilli to pasta water, stir, and boil for about 7 minutes, stirring occasionally, until al dente (cooked, but on the firm side). Strain water from noodles and transfer to pan with garlic.
- Add remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil, mascarpone, sun-dried tomatoes, capers, salt, and sliced chicken to pasta. Place over medium-low to medium-heat and toss together until well-combined and hot. Remove from heat.
- Serve immediately, with a drizzle of balsamic glacé and freshly ground pepper.