This asparagus salad is quick to make, visually beautiful, and fabulously delicious. Enjoy it as a side dish or as a light meal with some good crusty bread.
By Kimberly Killebrew
This salad is so fresh and vibrant and the flavor of the grilled asparagus is out of this world! This salad is quick to make, visually beautiful, and fabulously delicious! Enjoy it as a side dish or as a light meal with some good crusty bread.
- 1 bunch asparagus, washed and trimmed
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes (use red and yellow for more color if you can find them), cut in half
- ¾ cup sliced red onion
- ½ – ¾ cup diced Feta cheese
- For the Vinaigrette:
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary or ½ teaspoon dried
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Turn the oven on to “Broil”.
- Spread the asparagus out on a lined baking sheet and drizzle with the olive oil, then sprinkle with a little salt and freshly ground black pepper. Toss to coat and spread the asparagus out in a single layer. Roast for 6-8 minutes (depending on thickness) or until the asparagus is lightly browned, tossing once or twice. Remove from oven and set aside to cool. Once cooled, transfer to a cutting board and cut into 1-inch pieces.
- Place the asparagus, red onion and cherry tomatoes in a large mixing bowl.
- To prepare the vinaigrette, combine all ingredients and shake until emulsified.
- Pour the vinaigrette over the vegetables and gently toss to combine. Add the Feta cheese and very carefully stir to combine. Let sit for at least 30 minutes before serving. If serving later, refrigerate. Best served at room temperature.
- Serve as a side dish or as a light meal with some good crusty bread.