Breakfast cookies, because dessert first thing in the morning, even when its healthy, is pretty exciting.
It’s extremely difficult to find approved treats on the AIP diet. That’s why I created these grain free breakfast cookies, because mornings were meant to be exciting!
It gets old waking up to canned tuna and avocado or bone broth every single day, and sometimes I just crave a sweet bite. These breakfast cookies are the perfect treat for those who are eating grain free and want to enjoy something awesome.
With just 10 minutes of prep time, you can literally make them in the morning, and then leave them baking while you jump in the shower or get ready. When you’re done, you’ll have your entire kitchen smelling of something that’s freshly baked.
The best part about these autoimmune breakfast cookies is that they are low in sugar, have no grains, are rich in healthy fat, and still leave you feeling like you cheated!
I tried this recipe many times before publishing it, because I know how annoying it is to make something only to have it come out bad. As you can see from the list of ingredients below, the recipe for these breakfast cookies is a bit precise, so the only downside is you’ll have to stock your kitchen before hand.
Not to worry I’ve got you covered! All the links to get the best quality ingredients are hyperlinked below. Now get baking!
- 150 gr Banana Flour (replaceable with Plantain Flour)
- 150 gr Cassava Flour
- 100 gr Tigernut Flour (I use Oragnic Gemini)
- 50 gr Arrowroot Flour
- 130 gr Coconut Oil, melted
- 20 gr Coconut Sugar or Date Sugar
- 30 gr Apple Cider Vinegar
- 50 gr Coconut Milk
- ½ Banana, mashed
- 1 tsp Alcohol Free Vanilla Extract
- 1 pinch of Cinnamon
- To garnish (optional):
- 3 Apricots
- 2 tbsp Coconut Flakes
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Mix all dry ingredients in a bowl; combine them with the wet ingredients and knead well.
- Using a rolling pin roll out the dough on a sheet of parchment paper until ⅓” thick.
- Carve out cookies with a cookie cutter and bake for 25 minutes.
- Turn off the oven and let the cookies sit inside until completely cool and crunchy.
- If you do decide to garnish the cookies like you see in the photos, cook the apricots until get to a jam kind of consistency (you can even put them in the microwave). Spread a thin layer of "apricot jam" on top of your cookies and sprinkle some coconut flakes on top.
I really hope you’ll enjoy these grain free breakfast cookies, and let me know how they came out by leaving your thoughts in a comment below. …Because everyone deserves to have cookies for breakfast!