A great way to create a delicious and gluten free vegan apple cranberry crisp.
By Amie Valpone
Here is a recipe that calls for two fresh ingredients and a healthy KIND of granola made from a unique blend of 100% whole grains – amaranth, quinoa, oats, millet and buckwheat. Being gluten-free is not easy – especially when you are looking for a ‘good’ tasting granola. I recently found the KIND Snacks Clusters and I’m addicted.
They’re perfect used as cereal with almond milk, eaten as a snack for your desk time munchies or enjoyed in a dessert such as this crisp or a simply yogurt parfait. Each artisanal blend is gluten free and has less fat, sugar and calories per serving than typical granola’s. In fact, one serving of KIND Healthy Grains fulfills 1/3 of a person’s daily whole grain requirements- hello healthy. That sure is a winner in my book and my clients who have young children love serving this recipe knowing that it’s full of whole grains and tastes great, too.
So, dig in and have yourself a healthy and happy holiday season with this crisp recipe.
- 2 cups KIND Healthy Grains Dark Chocolate & Cranberry Clusters
- 3 Granny Smith apples, cored and thinly sliced
- 1 cup fresh cranberries
- 1 Tbsp. vegan butter
- 1 tsp. agave nectar
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare a baking dish with nonstick baking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients; gently toss to combine.
- Transfer mixture to the prepared baking dish. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until cranberries are tender.
- Remove from oven; set aside to cool for 5 minutes before serving.