Twisted with garlic, onions, and herbs this sun-dried tomato bread is gluten-free and Paleo approved, not to mention delicious, too.
By Simone Van Den Berg
Gluten-Free Tomato Bread
Author: Simone Van Den Berg
Recipe Type: Baking
Cuisine: Gluten-Free, Paleo
- 200 gr (1/2 pound) almond flour
- 1 tbsp of pumpkin seeds
- 1 tbsp of mixed French herbs
- salt and pepper
- ½ tsp bicarb(baking soda)
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 red onion
- 2 cups of sundried tomatoes
- a little bit of lemon juice
- 4 eggs
- 1 tbsp of coconut oil
- Preheat the oven to 180 C.
- In a large bowl mix the almond flour, the pumpkin seeds, herbs, pepper, salt and bicarb. Mix it well.
- Chop the garlic. Chop the onion and the sundried tomatoes in small pieces.
- Add this to the other ingredients in the bowl. Add the lemon juice and stir everything together
- In a separate bowl wisk the eggs well till they become foamy and add this to the large bowl. Again stir well. Melt the spoon of coconut oil in a small saucepan and pour into the rest of the mix
- Line your baking tin with baking paper and put your mix into the tin. It’s needs to be a fairly firm mixture. With the back of a spoon press the contents into the form.
- Cover with aluminium foil and bake in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Remove the foil and bake for another 20 minutes. The bread will rise a little bit and become brown