Perfect with a warm mug of tea, coffee or hot cider, these gluten free pumpkin spice sones are soft, buttery and so festive for fall.
Fall baking is in full swing in my home! I had the best time creating floral pumpkins, apple cider and these delicious pumpkin scones. I hesitated on making them but so glad I eventually did. They did not stick around long.
This recipe come together in no time at all and are very moist. I used pumpkin spice seasoning but you could use a combo for cinnamon, nutmeg and ginger. Please check the tip in the directions for the flour and milk amount.
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1½ teaspoons pumpkin spice seasoning
- 1 stick butter, cold/cubed
- ⅓ cup pumpkin puree
- ⅓ cup almond milk
- 1 egg
- Click the link above for the recipe.
- Preheat oven to 400*. Lay aside 2 sheets of parchment paper and a rolling pin.
- In large bowl combine flour, baking soda and powder, salt brown sugar and pumpkin spice.
- Using two knives or a pastry cutter cut butter into flour mixture until pea size crumbs form.
- Using spatula fold in pumpkin, egg and almond milk*, Stir until just combine.
- Pour onto parchment paper, Dust lightly with additional flour.
- Top with remaining sheet of parchment paper and roll into a disk. You may need to use your hands a bit to form round disk.
- Cut carefully into 8 triangles. Place parchment paper with dough onto baking sheet.
- Bake 15-20 minutes.
- Make the glaze. (Click the link above)
- Remove scones from oven and let cool. Drizzle with glaze.
- Best if eaten same day.
- *I used Bobs Red Mill GF AP flour which has a heavier consistency if using another GF Flour brand I suggest only adding 3 Tablespoons of milk and then upping one tablespoon at a time if needed.