These soft, gluten free peanut butter zucchini muffins are loaded with extra flavor thanks to the nut butter.
Truthfully I am not the biggest fan of coming up with gluten free baking recipes, as the combination of almond flour/coconut flour and the lack of baking powder can be a bit of a crapshoot at times. That being said when a recipe comes out of the oven a success I can usually be found doing a little happy dance around my kitchen.
These Zucchini and Peanut Butter Muffins are definitely a success. I’m a big fan of sweet recipes that allow you to sneak extra veggies into your diet (like lemon cream) and although there are bits of shredded zucchini in each bite, these muffins are nothing but sweet deliciousness.
If you have a peanut allergy, the peanut butter can easily be substituted for another nut butter of choice such as almond, cashew or hazelnut.
- 2 cups almond flour
- ¾ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp peanut butter or other nut butter of choice
- 2 cups shredded zucchini, squeezed between paper towels to remove moisture
- Preheat the oven to 175 degrees Celsius (350 degrees Fahrenheit) and line a muffin tray with paper liners
- In a mixing bowl combine the flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Add in the vanilla extract, coconut oil, lemon juice, eggs, honey and nut butter. Once well blended stir in the shredded zucchini.
- Fill the muffin tins with the batter, pushing down on the batter to ensure its well packed into the cups.
- Bake the muffins for 20 to 25 until a toothpick inserted in the muffins comes out clean.