If you want to make fortune cookies at home, you totally can. Try this awesome recipe.
By Sarah Platanitis
Gluten-Free Fortune Cookies
If you want to make these fortune cookies at home, you totally can. Try this awesome recipe.
Author: Sarah Platanitis
Recipe Type: Baking
- l egg
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons corn oil
- 2 tablespoons water
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- Preheat a pancake griddle. A constant 350 degrees works best. Think: drops of water bounce when dropped on the surface.
- Beat egg until frothy then add in sugar, a little at a time. Beat until mixture is a light yellow and thick. Fold in corn oil. Mix water and a teaspoon of the egg mixture into cornstarch. Stir everything together.
- Drop rounded tablespoon of batter on the griddle and spread with a spoon to the size of a cd. You want the batter evenly thick. Cook both sides until edges brown and can be lifted with a spatula, about 5-ish minutes. If they stick, they need to cook longer.
- Remove from the griddle, place your fortune (prepared in advance) on cookie and fold.
- To fold: Fold opposite edges together into a semicircle. Keep the curved side toward your finger tips, gently pinch with thumbs on top, and move your palms together to bend the cookie into its traditional shape. Set in a muffin tin to cool.
It’s helpful to have someone on the griddle and another folding the cookies. I also add about a ¼ teaspoon of almond extract so it tastes super yummy!