These fudge-y, gluten free banana almond blondies are the perfect texture and the best way to use up spotted bananas.
When you have an abundance of spotted bananas… you get creative and then add chocolate for an over-the-top, healthy treat! These almond banana blondies were gone in less than 24 hours in my kitchen. In fact, I pulled these out of the oven around 4pm yesterday and when I got up at 4a to hit the gym… there were 2 left! Ummm okay, I get it. I’ll make more!
Think of these as if banana bread and fudge had a baby. They are dense and delectable. The banana and almond flavors are very pronounced. These little squares are so dessert-like, filling and so good. Seriously, you need these in your life. The blonde version to an undercooked, ooey gooey brownie yet better! Mmmm kay? Now go, make these. Thank me later.
Need more gluten free and vegan recipes? Click here.
- 3 small or 2 regular sized ripe bananas
- ⅓ c of coconut sugar
- ¼ c of nut based milk
- 1.5 tbl of melted coconut oil
- 1 tsp of almond extract
- 1.5c of gluten free flour blend (I used Bob's Redmill 1:1 flour)
- 1.5 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp pink Himalayan salt
- ⅓ cup of optional toppings (nuts, chocolate chips etc.)
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees.
- Spray your 8x8 glass baking dish with olive oil or line with parchment paper.
- Into your stand mixer, paddle attached, blend down your peeled bananas.
- Add your sugar, milk, oil and extract.
- Blend to combine.
- Add your dry ingredients and blend again.
- Stop the mixer and scrape down the sides.
- Blend again and then pour into your prepared pan.
- Sprinkle the top with your toppings, if using.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until golden around the edges. Avoid over-baking.