Say goodbye to boring fries forever, and say hi to your favorite new side dish. These avocado fries are not just finger lickin’ delicious – they also happen to be gluten free (if you’re into that).
By Zerrin Gunaydin
I wanted to enhance the avocado taste a bit, so I used grated cheese and a little melted butter in the coating. I used Turkish kasar cheese, but you can use parmesan or mascarpone cheese as well. We have these avocado fries as a side dish and we love to dip them into a dip made with strained yogurt, salt and chili powder. The yogurt sauce wonderfully complements the oily avocado flavor. These avocado fries make a perfect snack for game nights too.
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1cup cornmeal
- 1 tsp salt
- 4 tbsp grated cheese
- 1 tbsp melted butter
- 1 large egg, beaten
- Preheat oven to 190C.
- Line a baking pan with parchment.
- Cut avocados in half, peel and slice them into ½ inch wedges.
- Combine cornmeal, salt, grated cheese and butter.
- Coat avocado slices with egg and then cornmeal mixture. Place them on the parchment and bake for 20 minutes.
- Serve it with a mixture of strained yogurt and chili powder.