You can swap in all purpose flour if you don’t have a gluten allergy, but the almond flour’s subtle nutty flavor is a nice compliment to the apples.
By Soni Sinha
- 3 Granny Smith Apples- peeled,cored and sliced
- Ground Cinnamon-1 tbsp
- Brown Sugar-1 tbsp
- Almond Flour-1 cup
- Chilled butter (cubed)-2 tbsp
- Packed Brown Sugar -2 tbsp
- Mix the apples,cinnamon and brown sugar and place in individual ramekins.
- Mix the topping ingredients by hand or in a food processor until crumbly.
- Cover the apples with the topping and bake in a preheated oven at 375 degrees for 25 minutes until the topping is slightly golden.
- Serve with whipped cream or ice cream!