The recipe for these grain free paleo eclairs is super easy and they only take a few minutes to make.
When I used to eat éclairs, my favorite part was the glaze. Especially the coffee one at one of my favorite pastry shops in Cremona, Italy. These glazed paleo éclairs are my grain free recreation of the original.
If you checked out last week’s blog , you saw me glazing some delicious éclairs in my Italian kitchen; and today I’m sharing that recipe with you now that you already know how to create the perfect sugar free icing to top them with.
I intentionally left these éclairs without a filling because I wanted to savor the flavors of the three different glazes that I made (orange, coffee and matcha green tea); but if you’re looking for some extra indulgence, feel free to stuff them with some Carob Nutella , or with a delicious layer of Paleo Lemon Curd which you will find on the blog next week.
Optional Cream Filling: If you want to fill your éclairs with one of the two creams suggested above, simply slice them length wise (hot dog style) and spreading a layer of cream in between.
Did you see how pretty these little pastries came out? I love decorating them with glazes of different colors and flavors.
But now I want to hear from you. What’s your favorite type of éclairs? Which glaze did you like the most?
Let me know in a comment below!
- 2 Organic Eggs
- 20 gr Erithryol
- 100 gr Sweet Potato Starch
- 40 gr Coconut Milk/Flour
- 30 gr Moscato Wine
- 1 tsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 15 gr Honey
- 15 gr cream of tartar
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- In a bowl, beat the egg together with the erythritol.
- Sift in the sweet potato starch, while mixing continually.
- Mix in the remaining wet ingredients until you have a nice and firm batter.
- Line a baking pan with a sheet of parchment paper.
- Take a tablespoon full of batter and place it on the parchment paper, creating your desired shape (I used long vertical rectangles).
- Bake for 5 min at 180, then 3 min at 150.
- Let the éclairs cool down and then glaze them with some sugar free icing