These creamy parsnips pair great with a wide variety of proteins from pork chops to your Thanksgiving spread.
By Roberta Pipito
- 6 Parsnips, peeled and cut into pieces
- 2 Tablespoons of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper
- 3 Large Garlic Cloves, smashed
- 1 Medium Shallot, Cut into pieces
- 1 Cup of Heavy Cream, more or less depending on how you like your mash
- pinch of nutmeg, optional
- 1½ Tablespoons of unsalted butter
- Parsley for garnish, optional
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- On a baking sheet toss together cut parsnips, garlic and shallots with salt, pepper and olive oil. Place in the oven, and roast for 25 minutes until golden brown. Half way through, toss them again.
- When done place them in the food processor with, butter, nutmeg, cream; and blend until you have the consistency you would like. Place in a serving bowl. Pass around and enjoy.