Marinated and then baked until crispy, these sweet and savory garlic and honey wings are perfect for your next game day.
Chicken Wings are feature quite often on my blog. You can play around with different marinades or spice rubs and best of all they are quite cheap to buy. I got the marinade idea for these Honey Garlic Chicken Wings from The Paleo Mom and decided that I had create my version.
I like to cook chicken wings in my turbo oven. Turbo ovens are so much easier to clean than ovens. But for this recipe, I used the oven. My preferred method is to bake the chicken wings in the marinade for 1 hour and then place them on a wire rack in the baking dish for a further 10 minutes to dry them out. Make sure you have a wire rack that fits inside your baking dish or tray.
If you are after some more baked chicken wing recipes, I also have a Crispy Chicken Wing recipe that is really tasty and is flavoured with garlic, butter and chives.
- 2 kgs chicken wings
- ⅓ cup raw or organic honey
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- ¼ cup water
- 2 tablespoons coconut aminos
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- Add honey, lemon juice, water, coconut aminos, apple cider vinegar, garlic powder and ginger to a small pot on medium-high heat. Once it starts to simmer, turn the temperature down to low and let simmer for 5 minutes. Remove from the heat and let cool completely.
- Place chicken wings in a baking dish and pour the cooled marinade over the top. Place in the refrigerator overnight or for at least 2 hours, making sure you stir the chicken wings in the marinade a few times.
- Pre-heat oven to 200 degrees.
- Bake chicken wings (in the marinade) for 60 minutes, turning once. If you are after drier wings, then place on a wire rack set in a baking tray (or pan) for a further 10 minutes, 5 minutes each side.