Cool, refreshing, and light, this ricotta ice cream recipe makes a tub full of goodness that tastes as good as it looks.
By Kate Olsson
- 1 cup fresh ricotta cheese
- ¾ cup rice milk – regular dairy milk, soy, oat, or quinoa milk may also be used
- ¼ cup honey
- ½ tsp pure vanilla extract
- Fresh mint leaves, thinly sliced
- Juice of 2 lemons
- ¼ cup palm sugar
- 3 tbsp lightly toasted puffed quinoa – optional
- Lavender buds, optional
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the milk and ricotta cheese until the mixture is mostly smooth and silky.*
- Stir in the honey and vanilla extract. Taste. If not sweet enough for your liking, add in a little more honey.**
- Pour mixture into an ice cream maker and freeze according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- For the lemon syrup, combine the lemon juice and palm sugar in a saucepan and bring to the boil over medium-high heat.
- Reduce to a simmer and let cook for 5 or so minutes, until the sugar has dissolved.
- Remove from heat and let cool slightly.
- Serve with freshly cut watermelon, a drizzle of the lemon syrup and garnish with mint, quinoa and lavender.