These muffins look like they have gems, dotted with gorgeous juicy cranberry rubies, the perfect snack for breakfast, dessert, and anytime in between.
By Abby Himes
I tell myself they’re healthy because there are only 2 Tablespoons of oil in the whole thing. Dressed up in chic little cupcake liners, these muffins make the perfect treat for any Valentine.
- 2 cups flour
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice (or just cinnamon)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 Tablespoon orange zest
- ¾ cup orange juice
- 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1½ cups fresh cranberries
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Mix together the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice, and baking soda in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the OJ, zest, egg, oil, and vanilla. Slowly add this mixture to the flour mixture.
- Add in the walnuts and cranberries. Mix well, be sure to get any bits off the bottom.
- Place muffin liners in the pan and fill each ¾ to the top with batter.
- Bake 17-20 minutes until golden brown and cooked through.