Kids and adults would surely enjoy the crunchiness and satisfying sweetness of this colourful salad.
By Ann Low
Let me share with you this nutritious, healthy Fresh Corn Salad with simple ingredients and simple dressing. It is not only refreshing but also very addictive. You can mix in any fresh fruits like kiwi fruit, pear or any other fruit of your own choice. Kids and adults would surely enjoy the crunchiness and satisfying sweetness of this colourful salad. Great to serve as snack or side dish.
- 2 Fresh Corns
- 100g French beans
- 8-10 Cherry tomatoes
- ½ Red apple,
- 1-2 tbsp Lemon juice or to your taste
- some mayonnaise (optional)
- Remove the husks and silk of the the fresh corns. Rinse and place them in a pot of boiling water (water just enough to cover corns).
- Cover the pot and return the water to a boil. Cook the corns for about 8-10 minutes or until tender.
- While boiling the corns, wash French beans, remove ends and string and set aside.
- When the corns are cooked, add ½ tsp of salt into the water and boil for another 2 minutes, drain and leave to cool. Remove corn from cob with a sharp knife. (watch this video for how to remove corn from cob)
- Throw the French beans into the same pot of boiling and blanch for about 3-5 minutes. Transfer French beans into a bowl of ice water for 1 minute and drain well.
- Then dice French beans into small pieces and cut cherry tomatoes into quarters.
- Combine the corns, French beans and cherry tomatoes in a serving bowl. Mix well, cover and chill for 1-2 hours.
- Before serve, cut half apple into wedges and soak in water with little salt or lemon juice to prevent browning for one minute. Then chop apple into small pieces and mix together with the corn mixture.
- Lastly drizzle 1-2 tbsp lemon juice over corn salad (mayonnaise-optional) and toss well.