A banana batter base with creamy peanut butter, topped with chocolate chips for the ultimate gluten free, Elvis-inspired muffin.
By Robin Runner
I have plenty of versions of gluten free and vegan muffins. I tweak and morph the recipes and I just love these. All made in the food processor, which is super awesome. These are totally Elvis-inspired. Banana as the base. Peanut butter creaminess and if you wish, chocolate for the trifecta! I made half a batch with and half without for my family. They are insanely moist and impossible to eat just one. Be warned.
- 2 large, ripe banana peeled
- 2 flax eggs – 2 tablespoons of ground flaxseed mixed with 6 tablespoons of water in a bowl for 4 mins. until thick
- 1 cup of peanut butte
- 5 tablespoons of maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons of vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon of baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon of salt
- ¼ cup of chocolate chips (I used vegan – Enjoy Life chips)
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray your mini muffin pan with coconut oil or baking spray and set aside.
- Place into your food processor all of the ingredients through the salt. Blend until creamy – about 45 seconds or so. If adding chocolate chips, mix in by hand. Using a scoop, add the batter about ¾ of the way filled into each well. I leave some muffins without chocolate and some with. I add additional chips to the top of the muffins that I do use chocolate.
- Bake 18-20 mins or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean and the top bounces back when you gently push on it. Let cool then enjoy!