PARTNER POST – Be inspired to create beautiful cheese boards with Castello cheese. And what goes better with cheese than wine? Enter to win a trip for two to Napa, California.
Loaded with chocolate, cheese, and wine, create a beautiful cheese board with homemade flatbread crackers.
By Heather Kinnaird
However you plan to celebrate your Valentine’s Day, a cheese board and some fun heart shaped flatbread crackers make a fun addition whether you plan to feed two or 20.
Because I’m planning a cheese board for especially for Valentine’s Day, chocolate is a must. Cheese, fruit, chocolate, and bread, and I don’t think I’m even going to need a meal.
Along with the chocolate covered berries and almonds I chose three of my favorite cheeses – blue, aged Havarti, and a classic blue brie (heavenly) all from Castello.
Where there is cheese, so must there also be bread, and I made fun heart shaped flatbread crackers to pair.
Not to forget the wine, of course a cheese board needs just the right wine. I am firmly in the white category, but Ian is a reds only guy. With our cheese board we chose a Folie a Deux Chardonnay, Cab, and Zinfandel. Something for everyone.
Be sure to enter the sweepstakes to win a trip for two to Napa Valley for more delicious wind and cheese. Click here!
- 1½ cups flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 4 Tbsp butter, cold and cut into small pieces
- ½ cup buttermilk
- preheat oven to 350 degrees
- in a food processor, pulse together the flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar
- pulse in the butter until you have a coarse meal
- slowly stream in the buttermilk, and pulse until you have a ball of dough
- on a lightly floured surface, roll dough to bout ⅛ inch thickness
- cut into rectangles or hearts
- place crackers on a parchment or silpat lined baking sheet
- bake until crisp - about 20 minutes
- cool crackers on racks, once completely cool crackers can be kept in an airtight container for up to 1 week