This isn’t a true “crumble”, but in a pinch, it is a comforting, savory – and healthy – dessert.
By Carly DeFilippo
- 1 juicy pear
- 2-3 figs
- 1 tsp curry powder
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 1 sprig of fresh rosemary (or ½ tsp dried rosemary)
- a pinch of sea salt (to taste)
- 2 tbsp of your favorite granola
- 1 tbsp pumpkin or flax seeds (optional)
- greek yogurt (optional)
- Just cover the bottom of a small pot with water; bring to a simmer.
- While water is heating, wash and chop pear into small chunks.
- Add pear to simmering water.
- Chop figs and add to pears.
- Add curry, rosemary and salt.
- Stir occasionally until fruit is warm and softened (but not mushy).
- Remove from heat and scoop fruit into a bowl.
- Top with granola, seeds and a dollop of greek yogurt.