Showcase fresh, juicy figs in a simple parfait that perfect all day from breakfast till dessert, and everything in between.
By Zita Nagy
- For the crumble
- 1 cup walnuts
- ¼ cup raisins
- 1 vanilla bean, split and seeded
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup soy yoghurt / yoghurt
- 1 medium lemon’s juice and zest
- 2 tablespoons honey or maple syrup
- fresh figs, sliced
- Place the walnuts, raisins, vanilla and salt in a food processor. Pulse until chopped and crumbly.
- In a bowl mix together the soy yoghurt with lemon juice, zest and honey (or maple syrup).
- Place sliced figs in the bottom of a glass and top with a layer of walnut crumble, then lemon yoghurt. Repeat to create multiple layers.