The secret to this, and any, great salad is using fresh and seasonal ingredients that allow you to keep things simple.
By Faith Gorsky
- 1 tablespoon raw honey (local if possible)
- 1 tablespoon pomegranate molasses
- 2 tablespoons water
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 1 pinch black pepper
- 3 cups (3 oz/85 grams) green or red leaf lettuce, washed and torn
- 2 ripe fresh figs, washed, stems removed, and quartered
- ½ small white onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons roasted pistachios, coarsely chopped
- Whisk together all ingredients for the dressing in a small bowl.
- Divide the salad between 2 plates and top with the fig, onion, and pistachios.
- Drizzle dressing on top of each and serve immediately.