PARTNER POST – Get creative with any of Castello’s uniquely crafted cheeses. Click here for a $1 off coupon to create your own gourmet masterpiece.
The creamy cheese wedged into the centers of these crab-stuffed mushrooms will send you to your knees, along with the buttery and garlic flavored filling.
By Megan Marie Porta
Mushrooms, crab meat and creamy, delicious cheese. All mixed together.
These mushrooms are SO GOOD. The Castello Creamy Havarti cheese that oozed out of the centers made my eyes roll back into my head.
Start by carving the stems out of 12 gourmet stuffing mushrooms. Don’t throw away the stems! We’re not wasting a single bite o’ shroom, people. Chop the not-to-be-wasted stems into teeny tiny pieces and sauté them with butter, garlic, and parsley. This will end up being part of the mixture that fills the mushrooms and gives them great flavor.
Now, trust me on what I’m about to say. I REALLY mean this. You must buy Castello Creamy Havarti cheese for this recipe. It is soft, creamy, super delicious and easy to cut, too. Get the 8-ounce package and cut it right in half. Store half for later (grilled cheese?) and cut the remaining half into 1/2-inch cubes. Place one cube into each mushroom cap and place them onto a greased baking sheet.
Go, now. Please make them for yourself and come back and tell me that you love them as much as I do.
- 14-oz. package gourment stuffing mushrooms, rinsed
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ cup flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- Salt and pepper
- 6-oz. package lump crab meat
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- 4 oz. Castello Creamy Havarti cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Using a sharp knife, cut out the stems from the mushrooms leaving a hole in the center of the mushroom (chop the stems after they have been removed). Place mushroom caps on a baking sheet that is coated with cooking spray.
- Melt the butter in a skillet over medium heat. Add chopped mushroom stems, garlic, parsley, salt and pepper. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes, or until mushrooms are soft and garlic is fragrant. Add mixture to a medium bowl, along with crab meat, Parmesan cheese and cayenne pepper (if using). Mix well and set aside.
- Cut the cheese into ½-inch cubes and place a cube inside each mushroom cap. Top the mushrooms with the crab mixture, dividing evenly. Top with extra Parmesan cheese, if desired, and bake in the preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes or until cooked through.
Get creative with any of Castello’s uniquely crafted cheeses. Click here for a $1 off coupon to create your own gourmet masterpiece.