Filled with peanut butter and enrobed in dark chocolate and chopped espresso beans, these peanut butter cups are the sweet snack you crave.
Homemade peanut butter cups made with dark chocolate espresso beans & coconut oil make for a healthy clean eating dessert or snack. This easy dessert recipe with few ingredients (just three!) is also gluten-free.
Reese’s peanut butter cups were by farrrr my favorite candy growing up… and still are today. Anyone else love easter because of reese’s peanut butter eggs!? They’re filled with twice the peanut butter and that’s my kinda ratio.
I’ll also splurge on white chocolate Reese’s cups and a biiiiig glass of unsweetened vanilla almond milk at night… and I may or may not sneak them into the movie theater.
I decided to put a healthy spin on these butter cups by using dark chocolate espresso beans, coconut oil and organic peanut butter. I guess this makes them a little more “adult” you could say?
I’ve been wanting some healthy chocolate desserts around the apartment and since we have a limited budget I knew it had to be with the few ingredients we already had. Atlanta also got hit with a tropical storm from hurricane Irma while i was making these soooo I wasn’t gonna risk a grocery run in that weather.
I can always count on us having peanut butter in the cupboard, and just in case the power went out, I wanted a no-bake dessert… homemade peanut butter cups were the obvious solution.
They’re just 3 ingredients! They are also a healthy alternative to traditional Reese’s peanut butter cups. you’re less than 30 minutes away from satisfying your chocolate cravings and no oven required
I was able to use some dark chocolate espresso beans we already had, but you can definitely grind plain dark chocolate chips or squares and espresso beans together in your food processor to get the same outcome
If I were doing them separately, I’d use something simple like Ghirardelli dark chocolate, or toll house dark chocolate chips. For the coconut oil I used Sunfood superfoods — their products are raw, organic, non-gmo, vegan. alllll the best ingredients.
- 1 Cup Dark Chocolate Espresso Beans
- 1 Tbsp Coconut Oil
- Kirkland Signature Organic Peanut Butter
- Food Processor
- 12 or 24 cup Muffin Pan
- Cupcake Liners
- measure out 1 cup dark chocolate espresso beans
- pour into ninja/food processor and blend until the beans are the consistency you want
- put chocolate espresso beans and coconut oil into a microwave safe bowl
- microwave on high for no more than 30 seconds at a time & stirring in between
- line your muffin pan with cupcake liners
- pour chocolate into liner until bottom is completely covered with chocolate
- freeze for 10-15 minutes
- place a dollop of peanut butter on top of chocolate and put in freezer for another 5 minutes
- pour remaining chocolate mixture on top of peanut butter and place in freezer
- remove peanut butter cups from liners and voila!