Add a fancy-feeling recipe to your appetizer game. Perfect for happy hour or a casual night in, these oysters are easily topped with luxe ingredients.
By Kristin Guy
If you are looking to add a little fancy footwork into your entertaining game – we’ve put together an appetizer upgrade that is elegantly luxe looking, but pretty darn simple to pull off (with the help of a quality fish man).
Oysters, Uni and some black soba noodles topped with caviar?! Who wouldn’t want to be your guest nabbing from a platter of these beauties dressed in their happy hour finest?
As you can see there are really no rules, regulations or measurements for this recipe – just a loose concept that feels incredibly fabulous. Make a dozen, make two…invite guests over or not! But most importantly these are meant to be enjoyed with a coupe of fabulous bubbles.
- Fresh Raw Oysters (and a shucker – unless you ask the fish man to do it for you)
- Black Roe or Caviar*
- Coarse salt for plating
- Black Soba Noodles
- Fresh Uni
- Flat Parsley
- Dry White Wine
- Cook soba noodles to their specified directions, in a skillet sauté garlic until golden adding in a small tab of butter and a dash of dry white wine to coat.
- Shuck oysters and leave on ice, Toss cooked soba noodles with chopped parsley into the wine, butter sauce.
- Set noodle mixture aside to cool completely, chill in the fridge if necessary.
- With a small fork spiral a quarter-zed bundle of noodles and place on top of half oyster.
- Top with a piece of fresh uni and a generous dollop of roe.