A complete breakfast of eggs, ham and hash browns all in one dish. Great breakfast to start the day or cut into portions & freeze for a great grab ‘n go breakfast on busy mornings.
Prepare this one-dish Ham and Cheese Breakfast Casserole on the weekend and have tasty grab ‘n go breakfasts all week. Easy to whip up and complete with ham, cheese, veggies and those beloved hash browns.
This casserole today is super easy and hardly takes any time at all to throw together. You can put any of your favorite omelet additions in the mix or just go with those indicated in the recipe. Believe me, it’s great any way you fix it.
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 20-oz package Simply Potatoes hash browns, any flavor
- ½ cup onion, chopped (optional if using already seasoned potatoes)
- ½ red pepper, chopped (optional is using already seasoned potatoes)
- 1 cup ham, chopped
- 1-1/2 cups cheese, your favorite kind (I used a combination of cheddar, parmesan & gruyere)
- 8 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- Garnish: green onions, sliced thin
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Spray a 9x13-inch casserole dish with nonstick spray.
- Place potatoes, onion and red pepper in prepared dish and press flat.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Reduce oven heat to 350 degrees.
- Top potatoes with ham then sprinkle cheese on top.
- In a medium bowl, whisk eggs and combine with milk, salt & pepper.
- Pour over potato-ham mixture.
- Place in oven and bake 1 hour.
- Garnish with green onions.
- To make grab 'n go breakfasts for week, let casserole cool. Cut into 8 squares and wrap each in plastic wrap. Store in freezer until needed. To reheat: remove plastic wrap, place on plate, cover with paper towel, and microwave for about 1-1/2 minutes.