A filling soup is a great and beautiful way to use up leftover ingredients in your kitchen.
By Jules Clancy
If you’re wondering, the ‘flower’ in the title of the recipe just refers to the beautiful and unique appearance the egg gives this soup.
Egg Flower Soup
A delicious, soup that utilizes leftover odds and ends in your kitchen.
Author: Jules Clancy
Recipe Type: Main
- 4 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 can chickpeas (400g/14oz), drained
- 1-2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3-4 eggs, whisked
- 4 green onions, or to avoid leftovers, omit and replace with a bunch of chives chopped.
- Bring chickpeas and stock to the boil in a medium saucepan. Simmer for a few minutes. Season with soy sauce.
- Turn the heat as low as possible. Slowly pour eggs into the soup in a fine stream, while stirring the soup constantly so you get lovely fine ribbons of egg.
- Remove from the heat and serve with green onions.