Fried dough? Count us in! Check out this easy process for making cinnamon-sugar donuts.
Easy Puff Pastry Donuts
While we chose to douse ours in cinnamon sugar, these flaky donuts are also delicious dipped in glaze.
Recipe Type: Dessert
Serves: About 10 donuts
- 1 Sheet of puff pastry
- 1 cup cinnamon-sugar
- Oil for frying
- Defrost puff pastry and roll out to about ¼ inch thick.
- Cut out desired donut size and reserve centers for donut holes.
- Heat about 3 inches of oil to 350F.
- Place a few donuts in the pan at a time, do not over-crowd. Allow to fry about 3 minutes per side, or until golden brown.
- Remove from oil and place on a rack with something underneath to catch the oil drippings.
- While they are still warm, cover in cinnamon-sugar.