This is a cute way of serving eggs during Easter. You don’t need to make dough for the baskets, just use regular bread toast.
By Tamara Novacoviç
Egg and bread baskets
Great Easter breakfast or brunch!
Author: Tamara Novacovic
Recipe Type: Appetiser
- 8 pieces of toast bread
- 4 eggs
- some thinly diced ham
- 4 tbsp grated cheese of your own choice
- melted butter
- 4 tbsp sour cream
- fresh, chopped parsley or chives
- Remove crust from each bread piece. Pres it with your palms to make it thinner and squeeze each piece into muffin tin so you get baskets. Brush each with some melted butter.
- Finely dice ham into thin, small cubes and press onto the bottom of each basket. Add 1 tbsp of grated cheese to each basket.
- Break an egg into each basket.
- Preheat oven to 356 F (180 C). Bake for about 20 minutes (until egg yolk is set).
- Combine sour cream with salt, pepper and finely chopped parsley and / or chives. Put 1 tbsp on top of each basket and serve.
- You can serve it warm or cold.