We actually like to be quite labor-less on Labor Day. If you do too, celebrate the three-day weekend and the unofficial end of summer with these easy ribs.
This recipe for Easy Fall-off-the-Bone Ribs is deeeeelicioius! A simple spice mix combining both sweet and spicy components are blended together; the ribs are massaged with the spices and baked for a bit. After, they are brushed with your favourite barbecue sauce and grilled. Then, all that’s left to do is dig in!
I’ve made this recipe a bazillion times before now and I was always thinking that I have to share it with you guys. By the time they were done, I’d just want to dig in – so sorry ’bout that (hope you’ll forgive me ? ).
Wait no longer, I tells ya! The spice blend is simply a bunch of spices you probably have on hand in your pantry (oregano, paprika, brown sugar, cayenne and good stuff like that)- nothing complicated. I do use a fair bit of cayenne pepper (cause you know this chicka likes it spicy, but you can use less if you like (or not at all)).
Oh, don’t forget those napkins cause you’re gonna need ’em. But, I say when you are eating something like ribs, the messier the better….that just means it tastes extra yummy.
I usually serve these ribs with veggie kabobs and corn (cause the veggies totally cancel out the calories in the ribs – yeah right), but potato salad or pasta salad would be pretty sweet too.
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper -or less if you prefer less spicy
- 1 tsp chili powder
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp oregano
- ½ tbsp paprika
- 1 tsp mustard powder
- 1 tsp salt
- ¾ tsp black pepper
- 2 lbs pork side ribs -trimmed of excess fat. See below.
- ⅓ cup barbecue sauce -approximately, your fave
- Preheat oven to 325F. Combine all spices together in a small bowl, stirring to incorporate.
- Pat spice mixture into ribs, pressing into meat and covering all over.
- Wrap ribs with parchment paper. Then wrap ribs with aluminum foil. Place in dish and bake for 2 hours, 15-20 minutes. Carefully remove from oven and carefully unwrap (there will be steam).
- Preheat grill to medium low. Brush one side of ribs with your favourite bbq sauce. Place bbq sauce side down on grill and cook for 3-5 minutes. Turn and coat other side with bbq sauce and cook 3-5 minutes more. The ribs are already cooked before grilling; you just want to caramelize/warm the sauce a little. Remove from grill and enjoy!