You will love the rich flavor of these easy vegan earl grey chocolate truffles that only require five ingredeints.
I don’t know what it is lately, but I am LOVING chocolate. Which if you know me is not the norm. Growing up, I was not a chocolate person. Give me a choice between chocolate and vanilla and the choice would always be vanilla. ALWAYS.
Somehow though, chocolate has become a welcome addition to my life and it is definitely here to stay. My no-bake peanut butter bars and easy chocolate peanut butter banana bites are definitely proof of that because who doesn’t love the chocolate and peanut butter combination? But, lately I’ve been combining chocolate with coffee and tea flavors and I can’t get enough! That’s where these vegan earl grey chocolate truffles come in.
Making chocolate truffles at home is so easy you’ll never need to go to the Godiva store at the mall again! Was it just me who was a member of their rewards program so I could get a truffle for free every month? Well I’ve turned in my rewards card (let’s be real.. it’s mostly because I lost it) and now am making these fab vegan chocolate truffles with just a few ingredients at home!
As you’ve seen before in my easy vegan chocolate truffle recipe, they really are that easy! You can use any type of chocolate that you want. I also use a vegan chocolate so that it’s dairy-free, but like I said, pick whichever type of chocolate you like! Darker chocolates also help so you can get a really deep and rich flavor. Then we’re using some full fat coconut milk to mimic our “heavy cream” in the recipe and that’s basically all you need for a vegan chocolate truffle. However, because we’re fancy over here, we’re adding some earl grey tea to the mix. The tea is pretty subtle in these truffles but lends the perfect amount of fragrance and flavor to take this dessert recipe to the next level. You’ll be pleasantly surprised when you take a bite of these vegan earl grey chocolate truffles. They are so luscious, creamy and rich that you really only need one to be satisfied… though I won’t blame you if you can’t stop at just one!
- 12 oz (1½ cups) full-fat coconut milk
- 12 oz (about 2 cups) high quality dark chocolate, chopped (I used a gluten-free and vegan variety)
- 6 teabags earl grey tea
- 4 tbsp dark cocoa powder
- pinch of sea salt (optional)
- In a small saucepan, heat coconut milk just until it's about to boil.
- Remove from heat, add teabags to the coconut milk and allow to steep for 10 minutes. Squeeze tea bags to get any excess tea out of the bag and remove bags from the pot.
- Pour coconut milk over the chocolate in a medium bowl.
- Let sit for 20-30 seconds.
- Using a whisk, whisk from the center to the outside (this helps to not splash the milk everywhere), until the mixture becomes a creamy chocolate.
- Chill in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
- Take a tablespoon, melon baller, or cookie scoop and scoop out some of the hardened ganache.
- Quickly roll the chocolate into a ball (the heat from your hands will start to melt the chocolate so move fast.
- Set on parchment paper.
- Roll in the cocoa powder and sprinkle with loose earl grey tea if desired.Chill until firm. Keep in the refrigerator until ready to eat.